Sunday, January 15, 2012

Funny how things are

I always think it's funny how people think of actually killing the animal used for meat as gross, yet they don't mind eating said meat. I notice it more with the meats I don't eat (beef and pork) rather than the ones I do (fowl and fish). I have no problem seeing videos of any of the above animals being killed for food, polpescetarian animals or not. I obviously don't like the slaughter, but I can see that and still eat some animals. Well, not ones that give you either trichinosis or mad cow. I had no problem with pig dissections, yet people who ate the pig had so much problem with it. Funny. Hypocritical, actually. You eat the thing and you don't want to think about how it got on your plate......

Though quite honestly, I should probably cut out the fowl and eat the fish as that is better for you. That is not vegetarian by my definition. Vegetarian is not eating animals.

Regardless, I am done eating meat for the week. Huge frickin' serving at the cheesecake factory. Bhaji, rice and dal never looked so good.












No comments: