Thursday, May 26, 2011

Those orgo problems are really long.

As a completely neutral transient FSU student from UF, I am slowly observing the differences between the two schools.
FSU:
-I haven't really eaten campus food that many times, since I just go to my dad's office during lunch. But overall, the food looks better and more varied than UF food, and the union is less limited.
-The FSU union has a nightclub. UF's union doesn't. I guess Orange and Brew could come close, but not really.
-Faculty are much nicer and more willing to help you here, but department staff are some of the rudest I've met in my entire life.
-That Tallahassee "I don't get paid" look? It starts with students here. Therefore, the students here are generally not as nice, even if they don't know that you go to UF (actually, some were nicer when they found out I went to UF). Thankfully, there have been exceptions.
-Orgo 2 lab is even worse to get at FSU than it is at UF. And I think chemistry departments should make it a rule that if you're in lecture, you absolutely have to be in lab.
-FSU campus is way more up and down.
-Honors people at UF get close to nothing. FSU honors students at least get some preferences.
-There is more to do in Tallahassee. Period.

No comments: