Monday, June 13, 2011

OMG.

I will have a very busy week this week so I decided to write something down before it all got too nuts.

Tomorrow I will drive to Care Drive. And watch someone give Care to dental patients. Watching these people at work makes me realize all of medicine, and dentistry, is both art and science. And that is cool.

I'm making plans with a few HS friends. I still haven't gone to the What Cafe. And I should. I also want to see a movie with another friend, and I want to have lunch at Einstein with a friend from middle school (crazy, right?) and see Caroline and Emily H before I head back to Gainesville. And go to Canada. But my dad has to be okay with going to Canada, specifically Montreal and Toronto. I'd really like to go on a walking tour and see the old city, go to the museum of fine arts, possibly a wine tasting/evening of other elegant things, and see some of the eco/biodomes. And of course in Toronto the CN tower and Hockey hall of fame, though I don't care too much for hockey. What I'd really like to do is go to Italy, but seeing the Amanda Knox story kind of freaks me out. And besides, I only have a week to get back in the swing and then it's Gainesville again, so I can't really change any time zones.

My dad got an offer from a Scottish university for a consulting/summertime position on a three year contract and he is considering it, which I am sort of surprised by. He's long had the chance to move from FSU-----in fact, for a while during the eighth grade I wasn't sure if I was going to go to Chiles because my dad had gotten a good offer from University of Nebraska-Lincoln. When I was much younger, he got offers in New Zealand to teach, but he didn't look twice. And now he is considering it, largely because I am out of the house. I'm not opposed to spending part of my summer in Europe next year, but he of course has to want the job first. I'm not sure how I'd feel, though, if he decided to just take off and live there. I don't think my mom would be very happy with him. She's gotten too used to the US.

Orgo is going all right, though I could have done better on the first exam than I did . As long as I maintain the job and improve steadily, I should be okay. And so should schools for my taking it not at UF (I called.)

No comments: